Friday, February 12, 2010

BNI Testimonial

Today I attended the Jack O'Newbury BNI Chapter. BNI is an international networking group. I've been a member for just over 2 years now.
This morning was a special visitors day meeting and 20 visitors swelled the normal number of about 35. During the meeting members can, if they wish, read aloud a testimonial to another member for the services that have been provided to them.
I was delighted that Alison Stanton of AMS Worldwide Couriers stood up, put her hand on my shoulder and read out a testimonial for me to a room of 55 local business people, including reps from the Newbury Weekly News and the new Newbury Sound local radio station and Gavin Baine, BNI regional Director

Here is what Alison said

" Testimonial for Richard Charon - Changing Smiles - Changing Lives"

During the Christmas period my 9-year-old daughter, who had never had any dental treatment before, was complaining of a bleeding tooth. She wasn't in any pain but we were going on holiday for a week after Christmas and I didn't want to run the risk of her developing pain whist we were away on holiday.

I called Richard at 9am one morning when the heavens were pouring with snow, not really expecting the dental practise to be open in such weather conditions, and received a very positive response. If I could bring her to the practise Richard could see her straightaway. This I did, and by 10 am Rhian was having her first experience of a filling. When we got home her elder sister said 'did it hurt?' Rhian replied 'not at all. He gave me this nice stuff to breathe and I didn't feel scared one bit'.

Richard handled my daughter with a great deal of sensitivity and understanding. He took the time to explain to her everything he was going to do and what all the different bits of apparatus were for. As a result her first experience of dental treatment was relaxed and stress free. If only my own childhood experiences had been the same.

I would not hesitate to recommend Richard to anyone requiring dental treatment - especially those of a nervous disposition and, in particular, children for whom a positive of dental treatment is essential.

Alison Stanton.
A wow testimonial indeed. Thank you so much Alison.

No comments: