Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Inhalation Sedation "a fantastic result using RA"

Why consider introducing an 

Inhalation Sedation service?


 Consider the HUGE change for the better it could make to the patient's lives for those who need it not to mention to the practice and the practice team.






===================================================================
“We have had a fantastic result using RA with a patient who has struggled with confidence as his teeth had been badly neglected. He was embarrassed to seek treatment due to a strong gag reflex.  We were able to take several impressions over a couple of visits with alginate detailing posterior teeth allowing him to have a fantastically fitting set of flexible dentures made, that would otherwise have been impossible.  The case has taken a few months to complete and the patient is now chuffed to bits.
Thanks for all your help......it was so satisfying to do be able to do this for him.”
Dr. Parmajit Athwar: Wightwick Dental Practice’s “Nervous Patient” page including their take on Inhalation Sedation
========================================================================
Here is what Dr.Avi Riley wrote in August 2013.
"Changed my Clinical Practice
I am so glad I booked a course with Dr Charon last October. I've never looked back. Not only was the course informative and gave practical hands on training, but I feel I have found a mentor and advisor in Richard. It has renewed my faith in dentistry, after a few stressful years.
He is approachable and non judgemental in his emails, offering frank and honest opinions. He also goes out of his way to advice on other courses/training that may be relevant.
I thoroughly recommend his course, and would like to see more of Richard in a general advisory role, as I think he will be very effective."
Dr. Avi Riley
========================================================================
Here are just two others of many:
Chris Barrow from Linkedin
Dental Business Coach, Chris Barrow, Monday 17th Feb. 2009.
" Dear Richard, I've written this recommendation of your work to share with other LinkedIn users.
 "Richard is a consummate professional - meticulous in his preparation and detailed in his research - I know of many dentists and team members who have attended his RA course and speak highly of him and the programme"

========================================================================

“Richard is without doubt the leader in Inhalation Sedation training in general dental practice in the UK with over 30 years of study and experience in this field.

He is an extremely pleasant and able communicator who clearly loves his subject and has held an unswerving belief in the great value of this very safe light sedation to help patients overcome their anxieties about dental treatment.

His training course covers the subject fully and practically and very successful live demonstrations on really anxious patients prove the value of using these skills,
I have no hesitation in highly recommending Richard and his Conscious Sedation course to all members of the dental profession who truly care for their patients well-being"
Dr Peter A. Mounce 
The Smile Team
pmounce@smileteamdirect.com
========================================================================
 Here are some comments received today from delegates who attended one of my courses earlier in 2011
“ ..you have shown me that sedation and gentle painless dentistry is more of a practice builder than anything else. I have employed this in my daily practice” ..
” I find being able to treat someone that hasn't been able to visit the dentist due to fear much more inspirational than reading the 1000th article about veneers and bleaching we find in every journal! “
Dr Uzman al Haq.
=====================================================================

"I really enjoyed the course and I am seeing not only children but also adult patients under RA now. You might remember me, I am a paediatric dentist."
and in reply a request for her vote in the 2011 Private Dentistry Elite 20 awards she said  "You have my vote already!"
Makbule Ogretme (Mac).
Also from her very recently:
Makbule Ogretme
Clinical Lecturer at King's College London Dental Institute, Department of Paediatric Dentistry
 =====================================================================
Dear Richard,

Following our conversation about ortho extractions with the wand, I saw my patient last Saturday and extracted one upper and one lower premolar with the wand under IS. I used the LA technique as you described. The plan was to do LA only, but on the day she was so nervous and tearful so I opted for IS. It went very well. I just wanted to thank you once again for your advise and guidance.

Best wishes

Makbule Ogretme (Mac)
========================================================================
"One of the best, if not the best, one day independent course we've had the pleasure of attending!

I first used RA 25 years ago and discarded it in favour of IV. Now, 25 years later I'm returning to the fold and it was an honour to relearn it all from the Master himself -Richard Charon.
The commitment is made, equipment is being ordered and we already have a queue of clients desperate for it.
If anyone is considering RA, my advice is Contact Richard, book the course, do it, buy the kit and tell ALL your clients - they really, really want it, you just didn't know."

Cheers
Dave n' Barb ( Naisby- Inverness)
========================================================================
I used the technique pretty much every day for one type of case or another since 1977.
In my last year of practice, I completed the best part of 40 units of crown, bridge, veneer and other restorative work for just 5 patients all of whom would have declined the treatment.
That is in addition to more routine treatment for others.
This was in a private general practice NOT a sedation practice.


So If I can help you this way please let me know and/or pass on the link to this post.
Many thanks for your time and attention.

Richard Charon BDS
IACSD & RCS-STAC accredited
for inhalation sedation (Dec 2015)


To book a place on one of our full one-day courses or a 1/2 day update for those already utilising Inhalation Sedation please e-mail: richard@the-ra-coach.co.uk

Next Update:  

Oct. 21st 2017 - Newbury, Berks.

Next accredited 3-day full course for new starters begins: 

Dec. 2nd. 2017 - Newbury, Berks.


 http://the-ra-coach.co.uk/





No comments: